Re: [IRCA] Need some help IDing TIS stations

Re: [IRCA] Need some help IDing TIS stations

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the help.

Best regards,
John

At 01:51 PM 6/7/04 -0400, you wrote:
The station operated by the Oconee County Emergency Services, WPQX600, occasionally makes it here on SRS. The lady who signed my QSL (which I have securely hidden from myself) is the announcer on the tape. If you're into QSLing TIS/HARs, the address I used for my report to WPQX600 was....

Oconee County Emergency Services
P. O. Box 145
Watkinsville, GA.  30677-0004

As Bill Harms mentioned, TIS/HARs typically run 10 watts, though some run more (such as the station at Los Angeles International Airport - 100 watts {with a waiver from the FCC}). Federal TISs supposedly follow the 10 watt limit, but reliable information is difficult to obtain.

Mike Hardester Jacksonville, NC. ICOM R-70 and Radio West 22" Ferrite Loop