[IRCA] July 2016 Rockwork 4 International DXpedition Article

Those who think that the MW band is devoid of much DX in the summer season may be surprised to know that a major International DXpedition was conducted from the Rockwork 4 ocean cliff on the Oregon coast three weeks ago-- complete with two famous Japanese MW-DXer participants.

By taking advantage of the enhanced winter propagation in the southern hemisphere during our summer season, DXers can track down long-range Pacific DX (from the west coast) and enhanced South American DX (from the east coast) by using gray-line propagation this time of the year. Our Rockwork 4 DXpedition team was composed mostly of visitors from outside of the USA, but we managed to work together through various challenges (including one morning with the worst DXpedition weather any of us had ever seen) to have a very memorable DXpedition, with plenty of New Zealand and Pacific island DX. For those interested, a full 8-page report with multiple photos, MP3/ YouTube video links and DU logging information from Tom, Nick and I (along with commentary from Japanese DXer Satoshi Miyauchi) is posted at http://www.mediafire.com/download/6zl1ls6896zqquh/July_2016_Rockwork_4_Ocean_Cliff_DXpedition.doc

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)