Re: [IRCA] Phasing Null Depth and Antenna Distance

Mark Connelly probably has more information on this topic, Aaron, but what sort of phasing device were you thinking of using, were you thinking of phasing dissimilar (e.g. whip vs. loop) or similar antennas, and were you looking to set up a system where the null is roughly the same over a broad range of frequencies?

LC type phasers can give quite a deep null over a narrow range of frequencies, and with fairly closely spaced dissimilar antennas, as just described by Colin Newell. I believe that getting a null over a broad range of frequencies using similar antennas and delay lines requires the 1/10 wavelength separation that you describe.

I hope that others can chime in on this topic.

best wishes,

Nick