Re: [IRCA] 1st NEW STN on 1400 Khz since 1982!!! WDNY Dansville, NEW YORK

On 2015-03-26, at 11:54 PM, d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Congratulations on your new SDR receiver--- I think :-)

HHHAAA…….Have no fear Gary…….I am still a Knob twister at heart and my Favourite radio is still the SONY SRF-T615 ULR!! The SDR is just so I can say…"Yup I had one and tried it out before I croaked" !! HAHAHHAA. It is an amazing Receiver, I can say that after only owning one for 24 Hours…..I can't believe a Box so small can do so much. But…then again, we proved that many times over with the ULR's eh??!!

I bought the ELAD FDM-S2 SDR because it also covers the FM BCB…and your are well aware that once the Tropo and Es Season moves in…I'll be moving over to FM/TV DX til the BCB/SW Season kicks back in next Fall.

> Just joking-- the local TP-DXing gang are all SDR users, and they are a great bunch of guys! But they can still welcome an Ultralight + FSL+ ocean cliff fanatic to join them for lunch-- and maybe even join him at a weird ocean cliff site in Oregon at 0400 local time-- and make out like bandits themselves, tracking down Kiwi DX!  :-)

I wish I could get out there …whether it be to dangle off an Ocean Cliff…or have Lunch with you in the Local Diner…….I think we could both tell a few War Stories…..

By the way……..I could't hear the 2 New Stations on 1400 Khz with my T615….believe me, I tried…Just too much splatter from my Local on 1410 Khz….

More as it develops……My main problem right now with the SDR is that I don't have a clue what I'm doing!! The Learning curve for this will be rather steep for me!!

Regards…….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA