From: Richard N. Allen <dx747j@xxxxxx>
To: d1028gary <d1028gary@xxxxxxx>; irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Oct 26, 2013 9:21 am
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 10/26/13

Gary:

I have no idea what I was hearing on 279 kHz.  There was barely audible music
briefly under the signal of the NDB "SRE", Seminole OK, on the same frequency.
I use to hear the Far East long wave transmitters here in the 1980’s, but I
haven't listened for them since.

I was surprised to see Mongolia didn't move from 164 to 162 kHz when the
frequency was realigned 30 some years ago.  It's still on the original
wavelength.  Of course it makes no difference in that part of the world.

The Icelandic on 189 kHz at 3495 miles is the nearest to me.

I need to reconnect the recorder to my ULR so I can review some of what I'm
hearing.  I had a TA on 153 a couple night back and didn't recognize the
language.  Sadly I made no recording.  Again, this morning I was hearing
something on 1053 mixing with the jammer after sunrise.

I have a feeling the sun is about to throw something our way soon.

Have a good day.

Richard.

Sent from my iPad