[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 22 Oct 2012

(sent of behalf of Nigel)

This was my third and final day listening from Lamont on this trip, and the
only decent MW morning.  Saturday had no TP audio, and yesterday brought
only HLAZ, so today was a welcome change.  Definitely a tale of two bands,
much as Dennis described.  Below 1000 khz I heard no audio, and no carriers
even close to audio.   The top end was a different story, among the best
mornings of the season.
Today's audio:

1296 - unID.  Reached audio for about 30 seconds with man speaking.  Didn't
sound Japanese or Chinese.

1359 - unID, very faint audio with man speaking at 1359, instrumental music
at 1400.  Too weak to determine language

1377 - CNR1 China.  Very weak, but was able to //1593 at 1401.

1557 - Family Radio via Taiwan.   Borderline audio with just the odd word
heard here and there between 1355 and 1408.

1566 - HLAZ, South Korea, solid signal with woman in Japanese speaking over
a piano in the background.  Heard "FEBC" ID at 1343.

1575 - VOA Thailand.  Not as good as 1566, but heard man speaking (Khmer
listed) just after 1400.

1593 - CNR1 China.  Rivalling 1566 as the strongest TP this morning.
Peaked at about 1405.  First time this season I've heard this one excel
like it has in other seasons.

Other strong carriers: 1386,1413, 1458, 1476, 1503, 1548, 1584

73

Nigel Pimblett
Lamont, Alberta

Perseus SDR, beverage, ALA100 loop