[IRCA] TP DX from Puyallup - Oct. 22, 2012

[IRCA] TP DX from Puyallup - Oct. 22, 2012

I only had a few minutes to scan the band today... wish I had started
sooner! In the 1415-1425 UTC period I listened, it was evident there was
some recovery from recent dismal conditions.

There were a number of carriers at "almost audio" strength, but the
following were in with audio:

---------

549 presumed CNR5 with Chinese talk, fair.

603 Hulun Buir, China, with a good signal of Chinese talk.

1143 Unidentified station in Japanese; conditions didn't seem quite good
enough to support 2nd tier Japanese stations such as JOBR Kyoto on 1143, so
I'm unsure who this might be.

1314 JOUF Osaka, good signal in Japanese

1377 CNR China, good with Chinese talk

1413 JOIF presumed with Japanese talk, fair to good

1566 HLAZ South Korea, best signal noted during my brief time at the dials,
with Chinese talk at a good level

1575 VOA Ayutthaya Thailand, surprised to find English talk here, rather
than Khmer listed in PAL. Fair to good signal.

It's interesting that Walt to the north of me reported mediocre conditions
this morning, as there was definitely some TP DX heard at my location which
is 100 mi. to the southeast of Victoria.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA