Re: [IRCA] Cape Perpetua, Oregon Cliffside DXing - Sept. 9th

Re: [IRCA] Cape Perpetua, Oregon Cliffside DXing - Sept. 9th

What a wonderful report, Guy, and very interesting at the same time.
I think we've all experienced the huge discomforts at times, DC DXing,
and you've pushed the envelope of efficiency  and comfort now!  I'm
very impressed with the wideband performance of the FSL!  Now, I've
"got to have one"!  I happened to be DXing this morning from 13:15 to
13:55 or so.  Here in Victoria, it was a very typical Japanese morning
with all the 1st tier stations present, often at very nice levels.  By
13:50 or so, there was very little to hear.  I'd say that it was a
"nice, average" Asian DX Fall morning.  I'm spoiled as I have Nick's
DX Fishbarrel on one screen, and the Perseus on the other.  Nick,
clearly, does a bit better than I do on his JJ stations, whereas I had
some hints of DU activity as well.  For instance, towards the end of
my DXing today, 774 was clearly cochannel with NHK2 and the
Australian, neck and neck, both at fair level.  Earlier it was all
NHK2 at very strong level, with an English lesson.  612 also had 2
cochannels, one being Brisbane.  Overall, then, a Japanese morning,
with a very modest DU dawn enhancement, with modest being the
operative word.  I'm looking forward in seeing a wav file or two for
download, too!  73,   Walt