[IRCA] TP Sept 7, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP Sept 7, 2012 / Victoria version

I was quite unimpressed when I started listening about 1315UT this morning (though was recording before then). At any rate, Tahiti on 738 was booming in enough to (I think) realize that the woman talking was standing on a street corner with the sound of traffic in the background. But it was the only audio on the band at the time. However, after 1330UT, there seemed to be a bit of an enhancement, with a number of weak low band Aussies showing up. At that point it was better to use the ALA100 than the westerly Flag.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

none

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

738 FF talk by woman, sounded like an interview on a street corner 1324UT; quite consistent, then faded abruptly at 1328UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

738 2NR EE talk by man //828 at 1341UT; Tahiti not there by now except for light SAH 774 3LO DU sounding talk by man at 1335UT, //with various other channels in the next few minutes
828 3GI EE talk by man //738 at 1341
891 light vocal mx at 1337UT, I guess 5AN

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

594 3WV woman talking at 1344 //612
612 4QR talk //774 several times from 1337 to 1345UT, but never much stronger than this surprisingly
819 quiet vocal mx at 1340UT
1548 woman talking 1324UT, 4QD?
1566 HLAZ trace of "What a Friend I Have in Jesus" at 1231UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

 567 756

best wishes,

Nick