Re: [IRCA] TP August 29 and 30 2012 / Jordan River Point no Point vs Victoria proper

Re: [IRCA] TP August 29 and 30 2012 / Jordan River Point no Point vs Victoria proper

Colin, I happened to be up from 12:30 UTC and listened for an hour.
Things in Victoria were quite lively using my Perseus SDR and West
directed corner fed loop.  Very useful was Nick Hall-Patch's DX
Fishbarrel which showed that conditions were very similar to my own.
DU propagation was superior here, with 891 especially providing very
good reception, especially around 13:15 UTC.  1116 was rather
disappointing with threshold audio only.  Earlier, Asiatic propagation
was also decent with good to very good signals from Japan on 1287, and
HLAZ 1566 being only slightly weaker.  No idea why things were so poor
for you.  Perhaps Point No Point isn't such a great place to DX?  Your
ALA 100 should have done a lot better.  Mine was only slightly less
effective than the corner fed loop.....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC