[IRCA] Cannon Beach (OR) Area DXpedition

[IRCA] Cannon Beach (OR) Area DXpedition

Hello All,

After stumbling across some unusual DU propagation last month at a Highway 101 turnoff site on Cape Perpetua, the plan is to push my Ultralight TP-DXing luck at another Oregon ocean coast cliff site near Cannon Beach from Monday- Friday (20th to the 24th) next week. Last month's trip brought some New Zealand DX at very strong signal levels, possibly related to the new FSL antenna tapping into a sheer cliff propagation advantage mentioned in a study by British scientists (kindly referenced by Nick).

During this trip I plan to set up with FSL's at another high elevation Highway 101 turnoff site on Cape Falcon, about 15 minutes south of Cannon Beach. This site also required some serious rock to be blasted off of the cliff in order to route Highway 101 around the site-- providing a chance to test out the theory that if a large amount of rock had to be blasted off of a cliff, the site's TP-DXing advantage may turn out to be dynamite.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)