[IRCA] Storm & antennas

Hi everyone,

Well, I got through another hurricane force Pacific storm, even though
we still have a high wind warning until 10 PM (PST), so they could come
back up. But heavy rain coninues. I cheked my antennas via the R8 this
morning and they all seem fine. I cannot get out and physically check
them, but looking out the windows the three EWEs look fine and the
directivity and S Meter readings on the beverage seems normal. The gusts
out here hit 95 MPH and Clatsop Spit at 98 MPH. They went on for hours.
No power outages fortunately, but the worst storm we have had in several
years. The satellite dishes are working, but I cannot tell it any are
out of alignment a bit, because of the heavy rain. The signal numbers
are down, but that could be because of heavy rain.
  I was up all night until 7 PM and did some DXing with the Japanese
Powehouses and Tahiti being heard well, but there was also lightening in
the area, so a bit noisy. I went to bed after 0700 PST and finally got
up a 12:30 PM. It was something else, but as far as I can tell, no
damage and my antenna trees are still up! It was one Rock N' Roll night
to say the least!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin