[IRCA] ULR DX......One New Station this morning...a GRAVEYARDER........With NEW FSL Antenna

[IRCA] ULR DX......One New Station this morning...a GRAVEYARDER........With NEW FSL Antenna

Hi Guys:

   One New Station heard for the ULR LOG this morning @ SUNRISE. It's a RELOG for the OVERALL LOG however. Also heard last night was a CALL CHANGE RELOG for both the ULR and OVERALL LOGS. I'm now using a Gary Debock FSL (Ferrite Sleeve Loop) Antenna, and I'm just getting used to the feel of it....and hope to add some more new stations once the Band gets hopping with Winter DX!! The first station I logged using the FSL was 600 WSOM Salem Ohio...at 1600 EDT yesterday. I tuned the Sony SRF-T615 to 600 and heard NOTHING at all on the Frequency. I brought the SRF-T615 up to the FSL which was sitting on the Dining Room Table......and Tuned the Capacitor on the FSL....and WSOM's signal Magically appeared at a Listenable level!! When I pulled the T615 away from the FSL......WSOM was GONE!! This Antenna REALLY WORKS...and I can hardly wait to see just what it will do as time progresses!!

Thanks Gary....and a few others in the ULR GROUP (Kevin and Steve), for all the work you put into Refining this Amazing Antenna!! Your efforts to improve the performance of both ULR Receivers and Antennas, will manifest itself in Many New Loggings for all in the Ultralight DX Hobby!!

RADIO USED..............SONY SRF-T615 Ultralight

ANTENNA USED.........GARY DEBOCK BCB (FSL) Ferrite Sleeve Loop

73..........ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1340  WJOL  Joliet, ILLINOIS   Oct/06/11  0723 EDT    EE     FAIR
Rose up out of the Mud at 0723 EDT with Male DJ Speaking. Gave ID as "1340 WJOL"
@ 0723. Male DJ spoke until 0724 EDT...then back into the Mud again.

RELOG...But NEW ULR # 945      ULR GY # 98       1 KW
ROSS, ONT.
1170  WDEK  Lexington, SC  Oct/05/11   2317 EDT     EE     FAIR
Daytimer ON LATE!! Under WWVA Wheeling.
Pop Oldies styled Music. Song called "Go ahead and let your hair down".
ID by Male DJ @ 2320 as "AM 1170 The Deck". Into more Oldies Pop Music.

RELOG.....But CALL CHANGE for both ULR & OVERALL LOGS   EX-WQVA     10 KW Days
ROSS, ONT.