Re: [IRCA] WDEK-1170

It is very possible. BUT I was trying to be nice. The only time I hear them is at sunset, and normally they are very good about signing off at sundown.

This evening they were playing a B.B. King record followed by a real funkey song with the name of Jesus in it. Call it what ever you want as for the style of music. My old ears are wore out from DXing for over 50 years and having to listen to pure crapola just to get the call letters. :) Though, I will admit, Paul, their format is not as bad as what the old WERC-960 in Birmingham, AL is now playing.

Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WDEK-1170

I *highly* doubt WDEK is doing work.

Powell, you there?

I bet WDEK's remote control simply forgot to shut them down at sunset. It's
not the first time WDEK has forgotten to sign off. WCZZ 1090 Greenwood, SC
which is their sister station.. has forgotten to go to critical hours
somedays.. and other days, it's forgotten to sign off as well.

I think WDEK's format is/was "Classic Hits" with a Carolina flavor, calling
themselves "1170 The Deck"

Paul