Re: [IRCA] Off Topic?

I use RG 58 for projects like this.  Jim Renfrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "GEORGE SANTULLI" <gsantull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "IRCA" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Off Topic?

September 12, 2011 Not sure this is the right forum for an antenna question. If not, please direct me to the right one. I am thinking of re-doing my lead in coax for my 400 foot longwire. Instead of taking it right into the radio as I have done in the last few years, I am thinking of putting in a two way SO-239 female connector in the bottom of the window frame so I can run a coax from the wire the "outside" of the SO-239, then a coax from the "inside" part of the SO-239 to the radio. Last year, the "hole" I ran the coax through the window got leaky on cold winter nights and this two way SO-239 solves that. Question: What is the best coax to run about 100 feet from my longwire to the outside SO-239 and does the inside coax from the interior SO-239 need to be the same type of wire or is there an impedance mismatch if I used a different coax wire? I think I used RG-58/U, because I had it laying around. Or does it not matter? Thanks. George A. SantulliLovettsville, VA