Re: [IRCA] IRCA 88-26-2 (no subject/ KBC 531)

Re: [IRCA] IRCA 88-26-2 (no subject/ KBC 531)

I wonder which Burg in Germany this station is testing on 531 from.According to a National Geographic Atlas there are 4 places in Germany with that name and also what would be the connection with Holland? Is this going to be a domestic service of RNW ? None of the Burgs are close enough to Holland for this station to throw a local signal into Holland so I wonder what the objective is. I think that 531 is not a frequency allocated to Holland and if that's the case and it can only be used in Germany then why is the TX site so far away.The nearest town called Burg is 90 miles north-east of the Dutch border and the next one more than 200 miles due east. A third one is 200 miles north-east near Denmark and the fourth is almost 300 miles east. And all are small towns shown as the smallest of location dots in the atlas. Is anyone in radioland attempting to log this station when it becomes active? It'll be interesting if a signal on the lowest medium wave
 frequency in Europe will travel across the pond in the middle of summer. Perhaps the IRCA guy in eastern Newfoundland can try his luck at snagging this one. Bill in BC