[IRCA] Space Shuttle Landing vs Daytime MWDX

[IRCA] Space Shuttle Landing vs Daytime MWDX

It looks like we are out of luck again for a possible repeat of the extraordinary daytime MW DX opening we caught a couple years ago when the Space Shuttle was landing across the USA.

http://www.nasa.gov/tvschedule/pdf/tvsked_revm.pdf

If STS 134 lands on schedule at 0635 UT June 1, it will come in over Mexico/Central America in the middle of the night. If it is one orbit later, it will be over Mexico from a more westerly direxion, per:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts134/news/landing.html

If there should be a further delay to the next orbit, it might come in over the southern USA, but still at night. Only delays beyond that (or a change of landing site) could put it into a daytime situation. But let`s be alert for any such changes (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)