Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] January AM DX @ Burnt River ON

Saul DX wrote:
Thanks, Scott. I was wondering about this. So would this truly constitute a new station / new log in your opinion?

We're deep into judgment call territory here.

On the one hand, the move from Chambersburg to Maugansville is fairly short in distance - about 14.75 km, if I have the coordinates of both sites correctly. And the move increased WHGT's day power, making it less of a challenge to receive.

On the other hand, the move took WHGT across a state line, at least as far as COL is concerned (the new tx site remains in Pennsylvania), and if WHGT was operating with its new 58-watt night power (which sounds unlikely), that would be a much greater DX challenge than its old 1000-watt night facility.

I don't think *I* would count it as a new station. Your mileage may vary.