Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] January AM DX @ Burnt River ON

Thanks, Russ. It's CBS news, as had the jingle. But CBN was a good idea. It is a graveyarder and likely not the same station. My money is also on WLJN in MI. I'll post the audio clip when I'm through with this batch of unIDs.

Saul

Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] January AM DX @ Burnt River ON

Maybe it was CBN News...

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
FM: Yamaha T-80 & Onkyo T-450RDS w/ APS9B @15'; Grundig G8
AM: Modified Sony ICF 2010's barefoot

--- On Sat, 2/5/11, Doug Smith <w9wi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Doug Smith <w9wi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 1:55 PM
Saul DX wrote:
> 1420 unID - 30 Jan 0829 - US (#) in Maryville in ad.
Tape 012.

My guess (and this is only a guess) is WEMB Erwin TN.
Closest 1420 to Maryville.

> MON JAN 31
>
> 1400 unID - 0059 - "89.3, AM 1400 and 1370" mentioned.
Possible KFM calls a bit later. Into CBS News. NE/SW wire.
Taped.

My money is on WLJN-MI. Relayed on WLJW-1370 and on
FM - though the FCC DB says the FM is 89.9, not 89.3.
(and I'd be a bit surprised to hear CBS News on a religious
station - though stranger things have happened...)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66
those of the original contributors and do not necessarily
reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing
staff, or officers