Re: [IRCA] off-topic snowfall (was Robert Ross DX)

Re: [IRCA] off-topic snowfall (was Robert Ross DX)

About 50 cm here 55 km NW of Chicago. Is so drifted is hard to tell. My tennis court net isn't completely covered but close in center. Drifts up to a meter in places and in others maybe 10-15 cm only just depending on the way the winds whipped around my house and buildings. We have a heavy duty snowblower here and the top of its mouth is maybe 65 cm above ground and in places the snow in the driveway is above that. My side street has not seen the township plow once so far. Hwy 59 to my east is plowed, however. The only reason I could get out to the highway is that my neighbor's friend has a plow on his pickup and plowed down to his parents place maybe 50m west of my driveway. The three houses further down the street nearer the dead end are simply out of luck if they want to go anywhere, but no one is supposed to be driving around anyhow, unless a plow or police or emergency.

73 KAZ