Re: [IRCA] So, How was DX in 2010?

Here in southern Alberta, things started off very well in January, as I logged both Newfoundland and New Hampshire for the first time. Plenty of decent TA action in the month also. A Haitian pirate from MA was another highlight in January. The TAs had, for the most part, dried up by February, but had a good Mexican opening in mid-February, including a log of the X-bander from Chapingo on 1610. Heard plenty of Europeans again in April, but that was only because I was on vacation over there! The end of August and early September brought some good Australian reception, with 3NE oin 1566 the best I've ever heard them, and Traffic 1611 from Sydney logged for the first time. The TPs were OK some days in September and October, and some nights the TAs were in, but as Nick observed, overseas reception was well down from the previous year. I think the only new TA I logged in 2010 was Radio Mayak on 1134, something buried under Croatia in previous years.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta