Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WASR Test Not Heard in Madison WI

Bill's got a good way of looking at this. Our IRCA-NRC DX Test committee offers stations morse code, various tones, sweep sounds, and such, and we double-check to clarify the time and date. Given the last-minute nature of this test, and that it was the initiative of the station, our thanks to the station. We will be in touch with them in the new year.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DXERak@xxxxxxx
  To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx ; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:27 AM
  Subject: [NRC-AM] WASR Test Not Heard in Madison WI

  I listened to 1420 from 0000 to 0040 Eastern time and heard nothing to tell me that I received the WASR test. I will listen again to the tape at my leisure, but am not optimistic. What I did hear: a weak LID from WHK at just before 0000, someone carrying Fox nx at 0000 and then two stations that were playing Christmas mx trading off control of the channel. I never did ID either station. The mx had more secular than religious selections, so I doubt that either station was WHK. I heard no ID at 0002 when Jim Renfrew was hearing one. I feel I definitely needed test tones, Morse ID's or sirens to snag this one.

  We should give a big "thank you" to David DeVries for running this test. I hope he will agree to run another one later in the season, this time with a longer lead time and more DX friendly ID's.

  Merry Christmas to all my fellow DXers on these lists!
  73     Bill Dvorak     Madison WI