[IRCA] Morning Dashboard DX - November 17, 2010

[IRCA] Morning Dashboard DX - November 17, 2010

On my way to work this morning - later than normal - I was tuning around the
dial on my 1973 Camry's radio.
Around  9:15 AM CST (1515 UTC) I stopped on 1240 kHz because I heard a station
beneath the co-channel
splash of local KQUE 1230.  I heard several Cajun musical selections, local
commercials for businesses in
Lafayette and New Iberia, Louisiana, and then at 9:30 AM CST (1530 UTC) I heard
them ID as "KANE Radio
1240 AM."  Yep!  Radio Station KANE from New Iberia, Louisiana!

I thought that was who I was hearing, but it was unusual to hear them this late
in the morning, especially with
only 1000 watts.  It's roughly 200 miles away from my QTH to their station.

I've logged them before, so they are not new to me.  Just an odd time to hear
them.

73 and Great DX'ing!!

Stephen H. Ponder, N5WBI
"Many great deeds are performed in the small
struggles of life." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
Houston, Texas, USA - EL29kn
E-Mail: stephen_ponder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx