[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, October 23, 2010

[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, October 23, 2010

All times and dates strictly UT. MW log editors are welcome to excerpt items, reformat and change to favorite timezone if necessary. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; some caradio as specified; above 2 MHz on FRG-7 with 110-foot east-west longwire.

** JAPAN [and non]. MW TP carrier search Oct 23: in USB mode on the DX-398, upward 1208-1240 UT: 594, 747 and 774; LSB mode downward at 1210-1213, snagged only 828 and 774; back to MEXICO on 10-kHz channels (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Sunrise DX Oct 23 on the DX-398 with internal antenna only:

550, Oct 23 at 1214, 6:14 TC, rooster, Cuauhtémoc promo for something at 300 pesos, PSAs, from XEPL, Chihuahua, a regular.

610, Oct 23 at 1232 from the SW, news of Caborca and Guasave, Sinaloa, with music stingers in between items, with single word ``Altavoz`` = loudspeaker, the day`s upcoming local events. So XEGS, Guasave.

660, Oct 23 at 1219, ads for celular, sounded like Barbacoa Cacoy, Morelos, probably street rather than state; sábado 23 de octubre, M&W with missing or wanted person info. 1221 ad for exterminator (of bugs), phone 472-09-33, another ad to phone 472-43-63? ``Buenos días . . . se espera 11 grados,`` into romantic music. Nothing much googlehits except the phone number and exterminador leading to Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua, whence XEACB transmits on 660.

680, Oct 23 at 1216, promo Cadena Cinco news, 1217 ad for something in Colonia del Bosque; loops SW, but too much CCI. Unfortunately, that Colonia is too generic, as they are all over Mexico. Cinco may refer to Televisa network 5 XHGC, so which station on 680 is in Grupo W? Here`s the list, showing 680 = Chihuahua:
http://www.wradio.com.mx/emisoras.aspx
There is a Colonia del Bosque not in Chihuahua city, but 47 km down the highway at Meoqui. Pretty good circumstantial evidence, maybe not quite enough to be positive it`s XEFO; but I`m not counting.

700, Oct 23 at 1229, open carrier from the southwest, with some crackles maybe from transmitter, past 1230, so I move on, but rechecked at 1243, now Spanish talk from the WSW, phone 52-3-13-13. That clix as the number of a psychologist in Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, i.e. XEGD, and no hits for the only other likely possibility, Etchojoa, Sonora. At 1245 gives phone number again twice (I also discover that my Indigo watch light transmits on this frequency! O for the good ole days of clean, pure radium dials.)

710, Oct 23 at 1235, TC for 25:7, ``La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc`` singing ID, 24:7 TC, karaoke ad. XEDP.

870, Oct 23 at 1238, TCs for 6:38, XETAR ID, local Guachochi  announcements (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3160, Oct 23 at 1156 can make out some gospel music under T-storm noise, so WPJK x 2 is still harmonicizing (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 720, another log of KDWN Las Vegas NV cutting to non-direxional day pattern one hour earlier than authorized, and going from zero to sufficient signal here on the way to Chicago: Saturday Oct 23 at 1244:40 UT, during infomercial by a Dr. Pincus for his ``Omega-Krill`` with an 800 number. Yeah, cut out the middlefish and eat krill ourselves! That makes sense? More entertaining than far-right Angle-pusher Heidi Harris on weekdays (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 940+, every morning during Mexican SRS sessions, I hear a lo het on the hi side of this frequency, looping E/W so can`t be XEQ in the DF which is considerably off-channel. What I get may be local (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###