[IRCA] Early Morning scan on 1130 ( my first)

[IRCA] Early Morning scan on 1130 ( my first)

10/ 23 /10 Victoria BC . Scan on 1130 from 06:30 PDT to 09:30 PDT: Waiting for
bus from Victoria to Nanaimo, tuned to 1130 and found an EE female voice under
fluctuating CKWX but could not get clear speech thru CK's rapid news clips and
so no ID clues. I assumed this was not KPWX and signl faded before 07:30 at
which time my bus was scheduled to leave so after getting on bus, resumed scan
and found KP in with strong Mex music as daylight was just starting. As bus
moved and travelled north, I had receiver facing east with CK partly
nulled,letting KP win out over CK.Leaving city and travelling west CK was over
KP until entering a low level pass flanked by high hills which almost killed CK
so KP was in full blast as daylight had set in.KP stuck around until CK returned
when bus went up to a higher level on highway heading northwest.On east west
stretches of road WX gave way to KP again until direction changed to north and
slowly CK gained strength as we got closer to Vancouver.KP was still audible
under CK until a stop in Duncan BC where it disappeared when my direction could
not null CK anymore.Mean while one step down on 1120 KPNW still had a decent
signal at end of scan and trip in Nanaimo at 09:30 PDT and was the last of the
Oregonians to go after 860, 750, 1080 and 1190. Bill in BC