Re: [IRCA] Re; 1130 Interference

>>There are two things going on here: one is the public story CKWX puts
out to its listeners, and one is the negotiating that's taking place
behind the scenes between CKWX and KPWX.<<

I can believe that as most people don't have a clue why there is
interference. All they know, is they don't like it. CKWX is a very
popular News station covering the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island,
so I am sure the complaints are everywhere.

>>99.999% of CKWX's listeners don't understand the intricacies of AM
propagation and ionospheric science; it's a pretty good bet that their
meteorologist doesn't, either. And based on my experience, something
like 99.99% of newspeople and station management don't know the E-layer
from their sock drawer, and don't care.<<

>>What matters publicly is that the station's listeners know the station
is aware that something is wrong, and that the station is trying to do
something about it. So they put out this story, and that crisis is
averted, at least for the moment.<<

But if this goes on too long, I am sure CKWX will lose listeners. People
love the All News stations and depend on them at rush hour and that is
when the QRM is apparent.

>>Meanwhile, I'm told by sources close to the situation that there have
been discussions underway looking for a real solution. We'll see what
comes of them...<<

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Here on the Oregon
Coast I am far enough away from Mt. Angel to notice any power change.
They probably should have had the 6.5 KW during Critical Hours.

Thanks Scott.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin