Re: [IRCA] Please check 1580 Saturday morning in S/C USA

Re: [IRCA] Please check 1580 Saturday morning in S/C USA

UNIDENTIFIED [and non]. 1580, KOKB Blackwell OK, still in weekend open-carrier mode Sat Aug 21 at 1240, facilitating monitoring of what else is on frequency by suppressing noise level with no annoying modulation of its own. Several stations in English mixing before 1300 UT.

1302 I hear the first traces of Spanish too, on the E-W 110-foot longwire. 1305 I switch to the longer NW/SE wire which picks up less local noise, and favors KREL in CO, soon mentioning Longmont studios. But no more Spanish made out on either antenna in next semihour.

At 1333 I try the DX-398 in the yard, and now I hear Spanish, OM interviewing YL; this is best in the KOKB null, but I cannot get a definite DF on the SS station. 1340 I am back on the E/W antenna as the Spanish host announces a `pausa` followed by screaming ad or promo. Briefly better on the NW/SE antenna but so is KREL with the Home (based) Business Radio Show, mention Radio Colorado network. 1345 losing Spanish; 1348 back briefly; 1349+ no further Spanish heard. Just before 1359 KREL ID but it`s losing out too, 1400 USA Radio News. So much for the 1580 Spanish mystery this week. I hope someone else gets something more definite (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)