Re: [IRCA] Oregon Beach DXpedition

Hi Guy,

Thanks very much for listening to the 585 kHz MP3, and for your  helpful
comments.

When I first tuned to 585 kHz (in Oregon) and heard the classic rock  at a
decent level, I had absolutely no idea what it was. Nothing like that  had
ever shown up for me at Grayland on my modest equipment. Many other DU
surprises followed, though, like the fairly strong NZ Maori station on 603,  a DU
talk station fighting it out with 639-Fiji every morning, 666 kHz in
French, a 684 kHz parallel with 639-Fiji, a weak DU co-channel (with talk
format) on 657 kHz with NZ's Southern Star, and other mysteries.

The variety and strength of the DU signals in Lincoln City was  completely
unexpected, and made me wonder whether we were getting the short  end of the
stick at Grayland :-)

73, Gary

In a message dated 7/25/2010 11:30:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,