Re: [IRCA] Oregon Beach DXpedition

Hi Bruce,

Chuck sent me an email after listening to the same 585 kHz MP3, with the
opinion that clipped audio (because the recording level was set too  high)
was distorting a 2WEB ID. That's certainly possible, since the PL-380  lacks a
line-out recording jack, and it's easy to set the  level too high.

I do have other 585 kHz recordings from the one-week trip, so it may  be
worthwhile to review them. Thanks for listening to the MP3, and thanks  also
for the tip of the streaming web site audio. I'm far from a DU-DX expert,
and with South Pacific propagation much better than expected, last week was
like a crash course.

73, Gary

In a message dated 7/25/2010 8:52:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,