[IRCA] NRC/WTFDA 2010 Rochester Convention - TWO MONTHS and counting...

[IRCA] NRC/WTFDA 2010 Rochester Convention - TWO MONTHS and counting...

That's right - in just eight short weeks, we'll be gathering on the shores of Lake Ontario for this year's big NRC/WTFDA joint convention, and we hope you'll be there with us August 27-29!

All of the information you need to know is now up on the NRC website, http://nrcdxas.org/convention/10nrccon/index1.html - but here are the highlights:

*MAKE THOSE HOTEL RESERVATIONS! We have a block of rooms booked for Friday and Saturday nights (August 27 and 28) at our special $65 rate, which is about half of what our host hotel, the Brookwood Inn, usually charges. Those rooms are going fast - and if you're getting here on Thursday and want a room on Thursday night to be ready for our station tours Friday morning, rooms are going even faster.

The hotel's registration deadline is JULY 26 - but don't wait until the last moment to book. Call them now at 800-396-1194 or 585-248-9000 and get your room reservation in! (Rooms include free parking, free airport/train station shuttle, and free breakfast, and the $65 rate covers up to four people in a room.)

*MAKE YOUR CONVENTION REGISTRATION! Just $55 gets you two dinners - a cookout at Jim Renfrew's house on Friday night and our big banquet on Saturday night at Mario's Italian Restaurant, where WXXI radio's Bob Smith will be our keynote speaker.

Registrations are due AUGUST 1 - but you may as well get that done now, too! Send your $55 check (payable to "National Radio Club") to Greg Coniglio, 11825 Genesee Street, Alden NY 14004...or use PayPal at the NRC website, above.

*SHARE YOUR EXPERTISE! We're still looking for "DXperts," as Bruce Elving would probably call them, to share a little bit of their knowledge and experience during a series of short seminars on Saturday morning (an idea I lifted shamelessly from the IRCA convention!)

If you're interested in giving a short talk or Q&A, please contact Jim Renfrew or Scott Fybush ASAP.

*SEND US YOUR JUNK - ER, AUCTION ITEMS! Our club auction raises money to support NRC and WTFDA, and we need your stuff! Send it to Greg Coniglio at the address above, or just bring it with you to Rochester.

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions...just holler!

We're looking forward to seeing YOU in Rochester...

Your 2010 NRC/WTFDA Convention Committee
Scott and Lisa Fybush
Jerry Bond
Greg Coniglio
Rick Lucas