[IRCA] MONTREAL TRIP

My wife and I went to a convention in Montreal last week and also visited Quebec City and stayed overnight in Chicago on the way back because our plane there was late. We missed a connection and couldn't get out until the next day (Fri.) because the flights to SeaTac were well booked because of the storm-related cancelled flights on Wednesday. Of note on the PL-300:

MONTREAL
1. CKGM-990 - not a great signal in town. Something readable under but I didn't hang around long enough to see if it was Rochester or CBW.
2. I find it interesting that a country which is losing AM stations coast to coast embraces use of the X-band. 600, 690 and 940 are just sitting there while 1610, 1650 and 1690 are not exactly saturating the marketplace. (I vaguely recall 1410 has been applied for).

QUEBEC CITY - only one AM station left, CHRC-800. Amazing.

CHICAGO - we were at a hotel in Northbrook. No particular catches; just surprises for someone not familiar with the market (750 loud, 1200 and 1690 weak, etc.)

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010