[IRCA] KMBD 1590 / KTIL 94.3

I called KMBD 1590 Tillamook OR this afternoon to inquire about the
historic KTIL call letters moved from 1590 to 94.3 some years back, as I
heard the FM has been sold and to be moved to the Portland metro area
(lic. Gov. Camp). I found the AM is also for sale (KMBD), as the owner
Van Moe wants to retire as he is over 65 now. They have no clue what
will happen. It will be a shame if those KTIL calls go. The station came
on in 1947 with 250w with the KTIL calls. Then bumped up to 1 KW a few
years later. Then in 1967 went to 5/1 KW U2, where they are today. Added
FM 104.1, then sold that to Metro Portland (Scappoose)and moved to 94.3
from 94.1, when Cannon Beach moved.
I was born in Tillamook. A friend worked there for a number of years.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager