Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar receiver.

Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar receiver.

Mauno Ritola wrote:
What about FLAC? At least I understood that it was planned to be used with another SDR rx.

I saw that too.

I believe that FLAC has to convert to integer data for the compression. I don't know what the A/D format of the Perseus is?

The Flex is integer I believe.

Might hold some promise. Did anyone hear what the compression ratio of FLAC might be if the compression of an SDR wav file could be done effectively?

FLAC is supposed to be lossless, but if the input data has to be converted from floating-point to integer, is it? Or is that even relevant to the Perseus?

Rick Kunath