[IRCA] TP DX Today - OK but not exciting

[IRCA] TP DX Today - OK but not exciting

After reviewing today's SDR files, I'm glad I didn't get out of bed early today. Mostly it was the usual stuff, some better than normal, some worse. Nothing particularly exciting. I've been chasing what I kept hoping was a TP on 990 at 1400, but all I could ever hear was bits of talk through the KOMO splatter and what sounded like the long tone from the NHK time pips. Well this morning, KOMO relented enough that I heard weak talk in an unid language, then no pips except for the final tone, then someone said something about CBC news.....oh well, I guess I now know who that was.....that time tone was so tantalizing and really did sound like the tail end of the NHK time pips.

So here are today's winnings. I recorded from 1220 to 1505 UT. I'm trying out a simplified rating system from one to four. Let's see how it goes

1. Good audio, even if only for brief periods. A native speaker could follow all or most of it
JOUB-774

2. fair audio, even if only briefly. A native speaker could pick out some words or phrases
Vietnam-675
JOAB-693
738   Taiwan w/bits of presumed KBS in background
JOIB-747 KBS-972, mixing with something else that sounded like Chinese
CNR-981
Yanbian-1206
JOHR-1287 very briefly

3. Marginal audio. Could tell whether it was talk, music etc, but a native speaker could not understand program content
612  Japan?
639    China
657  NK
720 Inflections consistent w/North Korea or a US talk show (!), too music KIRO splatter & computer noise to tell for sure
729 music
828 JOBB w/Chinese lessons 1407
918 China, 5+1 pips & CC talk at 1400, then flute mx. Pips were about 15 seconds after ToH
936   China
963   CRI presumed
1017 CRI in KK
1053   jammer
1098   no idea
1116   China, 5+1 pips & woman in CC, couldn't get ID
1422  Japan
1566  HLAZ
1575  VOA

4.  Carriers, possibly with bits of real or imaginary audio
621 666 783 792
846 855 864 891
909   NHK pips & bits of audio
945 in KJR splat