Re: [IRCA] 640

Well..since the only other CBC on 640 is a LPRT in NU (perhaps was that but I doubt it) and your Bev to the east really is 60 deg isn't it..ie real good for NL direction, I suspect you had CBN. Too bad you couldn't copy them at about 5 min after the hour when the weather rpt would clinch it.

I don't have CBN here as Toronto is too strong in that direction, although I expect that if I recorded 640 consisantly in good cx I'd luck out eventually. 73 KAZ WI/IL ----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Martin" <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Mailing list for the International Radio Club ofAmerica" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 640

Don,

CBN has been heard on the WC, but back in the 60s/70s I believe. They
are ND 10 KW. I do have CBA and CBY is recent years (10 years ago, that
is). Both heard and QSL'd on R/S, using the beverage. This came out of
nowhere on 640 and left just as quickly. It popped in just before the
TOH and then by a minute after or so, it was lost just leaving CA/MT on
the channel. Wish I could have recorded it. But it took me by surprise.
The in like the night I caught a Canadian on 590 last Winter. I am sure
it must have been CFAR MB, but soon gone. I thought they may have forgot
to drop power and then discovered it. One of many unids I have heard
through the years. We all have them and the longer we are at the dials,
they really add up.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin