[IRCA] IBOC reception

This past week a new toy, a Sony XDRF1HD HD Radio Tuner arrived in my radio shack. For the past couple of days I have had a chance to play around with it.

I already like it. With it, I am able to tune the first adjacents on FM. AM seems okay enough, but it does suffer a little bit from overload.

Last night I tried it out on several IBOC stations in this part of the country. It was able to decode at least five different stations that were received by skywave. WBZ was the easiest of the bunch. This evening I managed to decode WOR for about one minute. So it is possible to "DX" decoded IBOC signals, as challenging as it is.

As I have some time, I will write a more comprehensive report. lately.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, MD