Re: [IRCA] 531 UnID DU Recording- Assistance Requested

Re: [IRCA] 531 UnID DU Recording- Assistance Requested

Gary,

Back in the days (70s) when they were 2KM on 530 and then 531, they IDed
after every song. Then in the 80s when they changed to 2MC (Mid Coast
Radio) they still IDed with 2 M C or "Mid Coast", but after the change
over to 2PM (Port Macquarrie) they don't ID like they used to
unfortunately. I believe they are a network now too.  They have been an
old friend for at least 40 years here on the coast. They were always in
the clear in the 70s & 80s, but after 1XPI came on, the QRM was there.
Alexandra NZ was heard on occasion, but not as common. But PI (Pacific
Islands Radio) is strong. Then a couple years back when the typhoon tore
up the towers of 4KZ, they became common also, after going ND.  That has
been a jewell of luck for us DXers, as I tried for years to nab them,
but never could until the past couple of years. 4KZ generally nulls the
NE, but now is ND. I have no idea when they will get their towers back
and the DA system back in order.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin