[IRCA] Kchibo D96L DSP Ultralight Received

[IRCA] Kchibo D96L DSP Ultralight Received

Hello All,

After an 8-day shipping delay, my Kchibo D96L ordered from the Chinese
seller (through ecrater.com) arrived today for initial testing. This source,
discovered by Guy Atkins, was the primary outlet for orders recently. Since
many  other ULR group purchasers apparently ordered the radio at the same
time as me,  other DXers may now be receiving their packages.

It's quite obvious that this radio isn't suitable for everybody. Unless you
 can read Chinese, the owner's manual will be of very limited value. All
the  radio's labels are in Chinese also, with the exception of the main logo,
the  strangely misspelled "DSP-Rado." The batteries are of a proprietary
type, and  are charged within the radio when the AC adapter is hooked up. As
Guy mentioned  with his initial comments on the D92L, the 120V house wiring
typical in  North America may not fully charge the D96L batteries, which are
designed to  charge with the 240V system in China and Hong Kong.

Apparently there is no effort underway to translate the Chinese manual into
 English, at least from the comments I have heard in emails. A native
Chinese speaker resides with me, who may possibly help me figure out the basics
(if she is in a good mood). The "DSP Rado" battery is currently undergoing
its initial charge, which may fall short of the full level due to the 120V
house  wiring. After some hours of charging, I'll attempt to give it an
initial DXing test this evening. Thanks again to Guy Atkins for his
investigation and promulgation of the ordering source for this new radio,  the
top-of-the line Kchibo DSP portable. And yes, it does look, feel and  (apparently)
act as an Ultralight.

73, Gary DeBock  (in 100 degree Puyallup, WA)

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377107x1201454434/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=JulystepsfooterNO115)