Re: [IRCA] 9 Foot Longwave Box Loop (and other projects)

Re: [IRCA] 9 Foot Longwave Box Loop (and other projects)

Hey Gary:

Wow, and I thought my 42" diagonal LW box loop was effective: yours
probably has another 6 dB gain if my math is correct. Are you hearing the
LW from Europe tonight that guys on the IRCA board are talking about??

If one wanted to use this behemoth for LW beacons, which go from about 200
to 530 khz, you would probably need about 15 turns or so; perhaps 375' of
wire.  My loop tunes 200 khz to about 600 khz, for which I had to use
about 330' of wire, I think.  To do both the LW band down to 153 khz all
the way through 530 khz for beacons, I guess you'd need to switch out some
capacitance, or wind the coil in two contra-wound coils and switch those
out parallel/series.

So, what are you bribing your neighbors with such that they don't run you
out of town????

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA