Re: [IRCA] TP's for 04/02/09

Hi Dennis/all:

I had a pretty good final day at Long Beach as well, markedly better than
yesterday but not as good as Tuesday morning, with somewhat stronger
signals than Dennis was getting inland.  Things started slow at 1030 UTC
when I got up, and after shifting to chasing Pacific beacons from
1100-1200, a return to MW found things much improved.  By 1300 UTC there
was audio on many of the lower and mid-band channels.  Around 1330, what
appeared to be Adelaide 5AN on 891 was up with popular music and chatter,
although I couldn't quite be sure.

In all, a delightful 3-day DXpedition to the beach!  The Long Beach
peninsula is itself a great place to be, although the place I am staying
(Klipsan Beach Cottages) has a fair amount of noise on LW, and I get the
sense from the owners that they might not be to keen to have a bunch of
BOGs and wire laid out for MW, even in the off-season.  To better figure
out what I am hearing next time I get to the beach, I have vowed to better
orient myself to the differences in Asian languages, although I have audio
recordings of all sessions so at least I can go back home and figure out
what I heard.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA