Re: [IRCA] Gary Deacon logs KMOX-1120-- Breaks All-Time Ultralight DX Distance Record!

Re: [IRCA] Gary Deacon logs KMOX-1120-- Breaks All-Time Ultralight DX Distance Record!

Not sure where Fish Hoek is but when I was in Cape Town several eons ago (is that redundant?), I logged as far west as WHO. Equipment at the time was a 13lb Sony ICF 6700W and an old loop the creator of I don't recall. The 6700 still works and in fact I just pulled in Croatia-1134 on it bare.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop
ICF2010 + "     "    "      "
DX398; Palomar loop
SRF-59 & -M37V
Eton E100
D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:

On an exceptional night for transoceanic DX, Gary Deacon of Fish Hoek, South Africa has managed a really incredible logging-- KMOX-1120 in St. Louis, Missouri on a BAREFOOT Sony SRF-M37V! (8,560 miles, or 13,776 km).