[IRCA] Gary Deacon logs KMOX-1120-- Breaks All-Time Ultralight DX Distance Record!

[IRCA] Gary Deacon logs KMOX-1120-- Breaks All-Time Ultralight DX Distance Record!

Hello Guys,

     On an exceptional night for transoceanic DX, Gary  Deacon of Fish Hoek,
South Africa has managed a really incredible  logging--  KMOX-1120 in St.
Louis, Missouri on a BAREFOOT Sony  SRF-M37V!  (8,560 miles, or 13,776 km).

     This amazing reception shatters the all-time  Ultralight radio DX
distance record made by John Bryant (and me) at Grayland,  WA, when we received
5AN-891 in Adelaide, Australia on modified E100's.   But Gary's KMOX-1120 logging
was with a stock pocket radio, on the 2"  loopstick!  Congratulations, Gary.

     73,  Gary DeBock,  Puyallup, WA  USA

In a message dated 1/23/2009 8:50:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
freetodx@xxxxxxxx a messag

Hi Guys

Great to read about the good T/A conditions in  the Northern Hemisphere.

I thought I'd share the surprise  barefoot T/A reception of 1120 KMOX,
St.Loius via the Sony SRF M37V just  over an hour ago. The station made it through
to my QTH here in Fish Hoek  this morning (24 January) at 0305 UTC with an id
and 5 day wx  forecast.  I nearly fell off my chair as KMOX is not often  heard
even via a conventional receiver and Beverage antenna  !

At over 13 776 km / 8560  miles this appears to be the most distant of the 9
North American AM  stations to make it through barefoot to this part of the
world so  far.

Thanks to John Plimmer and Gary DeBock for your  kind comments regarding the
reception / QSL from 1410 KQV.

73

Gary Deacon
Fish Hoek