Re: [IRCA] Palstar MW550P + Box Loop Antenna

At 19:40 1/20/2009, you wrote:

>Hi Brandon:
>
>I would think it is possible.  I have heard that the schematics are on the
>Palstar site, and it would be a matter of figuring out how to tie in the
>inductor of the box loop in place of the inductor already in the MW550P
>box.  Steve Ratzlaff has taken one of these apart and may be able to
>provide more specifics.

Unfortunately, the Palstar schematics treat the tuned circuit portion of the MW550P as a black (well, white actually) box, Kevin.  However, if Steve's delved into that mystery box, then things may become a bit clearer as to substituting the loop winding for an internal inductor.

best wishes,

Nick