  From: D1028Gary@xxxxxxx
  To: ultralightdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; am@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:44 AM
  Subject: [ultralightdx] Guy Atkins' E100 IF Filter Modification Article

  Hello Guys,

       Recently a trio of fanatical Washington state experimenters finally succeeded in creating a modified Ultralight radio with both extreme sensitivity and extreme selectivity-- the "fully modified" Eton E100.  Designed by John Bryant, Guy Atkins and myself, this little DXing dynamo uses an innovative Slider loopstick for great sensitivity, and a Murata CFJ455K5 IF filter for razor-sharp selectivity.

       The designer of the selectivity modification, Guy Atkins, has written a very interesting article on this great technical breakthrough, which gives the tiny E100 selectivity normally only found in expensive table receivers.  Guy's classic article has just been uploaded to the Ultralight Radio File section of DXer.Ca, the home web site of the fast growing Ultralight Radio enthusiast group.  With many photos and clear technical instructions, Guy's article can assist any technically experienced hobbyist in creating his own super-selective E100, to join in the legendary fun of chasing transoceanic DX with a modified pocket radio.  Enjoy!

       73,  Gary DeBock