Re: [IRCA] Presumed Canary Islands-621

> I'm 90% sure the RNE-1 on 621 kHz heard just now is from the Canary Islands and not Spain.

That was my first TA from Halifax, Nova Scotia some summers ago (in August 2004)
It was busker-fest in Halifax and here I was (with my wife) walking along the
water-front with a 3 X 3' passive loop (made out of a cross of 1" Oak) -
and, I think, a Sony 7600G and a YB400PE...
Got a few strange looks - people thinking it was part of an act or something...
At about 15 minutes before LSR I was hearing Brazil on 1100khz - and within about
15 minutes after LSR, 621 was dominating the frequency -- even recorded it
and I still have the miniDisc that I have done nothing with... Hmmmm...

As it turned out, the neighborhood I was in was particularly noisy
ad I did not get that much good stuff.

Heading to Newfoundland in 2010... better luck then.

--
Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing