Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] CKXR-580 Salmon Arm BC silent?

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] CKXR-580 Salmon Arm BC silent?

On 3-Sep-08, at 1:56 PM, Deane McIntyre wrote:

Thanks to Wayne Heinen and Glenn Hauser who responded to my question - yes it seems that CKXR is gone for good on AM, effective August 27. Now that they and CKY are gone, CKUA will have 580 to themselves in western Canada,
with the exception of the low power special event station in Winnipeg.

Some years ago CKUA was silent for a few months while they got their
affairs in order and KMJ was one of the stations heard well here in Calgary-
they were 5kW-U ND in those days.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO Calgary AB
(wondering what he will log in the null of CKUA now)

Did not take long to see what I would log on 580 in the null of CKUA, now that CKXR is gone. Using an old Sony TR-6400 (with TRF stage) at 2230 MDT was rewarded right away with armchair copy of WIBW Topeka KS, with several ID's
and local announcements in the space of a few minutes. New here.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
Calgary AB