Re: [IRCA] Aussie QSL Cards?

Gary,
I would agree with other comments that the ABC were great QSLers. Unfortunately the key word is "were". In the last few years, it's been more hit and miss. Seems to depend who's hands your report winds up in. I received a couple of those "....due to staff cutbacks we no longer have the resources to verify listeners reception reports...." type of letters, but I've had some good veries too. Good luck!

73,

Nigel Pimblett

Patrick Martin wrote:

Gary,

Yes, in the DX the past several years, DUs have not had the signal
strength they had 25-30 years ago. They used to easily make in over the
coast range. While living in a townhouse in Hillsboro OR (West of
Portland) in 78/early 79, 1YA 756 was common on a simple box loop. 1YA
is not that strong here on the coast now! Now times change. I would say
in the late 70s/early 80s, DU had as punch as the TPs, but not anymore. It has been a few years since I have sent any reports out to ABC
stations. I have a zillion of their cards from all states, including NT.
They have always been great QSLers.
73,

Patrick
Patrick Martin