Re: [IRCA] KDLG-670 now IBOC

>From the KDLG website http://kdlg.org/post/21/kdlg-goes-high-definition
in a blog post dated April 2, 2008.

"KDLG has made a major improvement to its on-air signal. You can now
hear KDLG in full quality High Definition. All you need is to purchase a
new HD compatible radio to experience this new sound quality. You may
ask, “What is the difference from what I already receive on my current
radio?” Well our AM signal now sounds as good as FM quality does but
with all the signal coverage benefits AM currently has. With a new HD
radio you can get up to date weather alerts that stream across the
radio’s LED screen and artist and title info for what is currently playing."

If you believe that, there's a bridge in a certain north-eastern state that may be for sale for about $24 worth of trinkets.

If they couldn't sell this electronic Edsel in the lower 48, why do the IBOC-meisters think it will fly in Alaska?

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON
(still sticking to my prediction that AM IBOC will die an unlamented death by the time of the Vancouver Olympics)