[IRCA] Outstanding DU Morning at Grayland

[IRCA] Outstanding DU Morning at Grayland

Hello Guys,

     John was DXing from his comfortable Room 12 at the  Grayland Motel, and
I was out in the windy fog at the Grayland Beach Road  picnic table, but we
both came up with the same conclusion--  it was by far  the best DU morning we
have experienced this summer.  As Dennis guessed,  the Aussies and Kiwis were
really strong at the ocean today.

     John logged multiple new Aussies with his  Wellbrook Array, both on his
313 and E100, and mentioned that the upper band was  especially favorable.
With his four optimally-spaced loop  elements,  John certainly had an exciting
morning logging one new DU after  another.

     But with such great conditions, the stand-alone  Ultralights were really
able to shine.  5AN-891 was so strong at 1225  that is was audible on every
portable at the picnic table-- the 30"  loopstick ICF-2010, the modified Eton
E100 (more later), the 7.5" loopstick  SRF-39FP "prison radio,"  and even a
stock Sony SRF-T615.  This  equaled John's all-time Ultralight distance record
(or perhaps exceeded  it very slightly, since the picnic table is about half a
mile farther from  Australia  :>)