Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Wednesday

Hi Walt,

Your DUs have been "meager", but mine have been nonexistent! For the last
three mornings since revising my
rotating Wellbrook ALA100 to 13.5 X 8.5 feet, I've been chasing DUs. I've
oriented the loop right at 235 degrees
bearing, which splits the difference between Australia and New Zealand from
here.

Unfortunately I haven't even found any hets after recording with Perseus
between 1100-1230 UTC. Maybe I will
record between 1800 - 1600 kHz the next few days, to reach any high band
stations that might be struggling to
rise above the splatter. My recording and DXing has been from 530 kHz to
1330 kHz only, since the antenna
revisions. (And as you know, Perseus can't *yet* record the entire MW band.)

Signal strengths are quite improved (6 - 10 dB) over the prior smaller
version of the loop, and that smaller size has
done pretty well at catching TPs when conditions are right. However, the
signal path is over more land mass to the
SW of me compared to the NW.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com